Turkey Blueberry Patties by Summer Innanen with Steamed Broccoli & Sautéed Kale
I was a bit hesitant about having blueberries in my turkey patty but it was SO good! 🙂 Definitely recommend!!!
Turkey Blueberry Patties
Ingredients (makes 8 patties):
– 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
– 1/2 pack of blueberries (about 3/4 Cup)
– 3 Sage leaves – finely chopped
– 3 Thyme sprigs – leaves finely chopped
– 2 shallots (or 1/4 onion) – finely chopped
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 egg yolk (omit if you cannot eat eggs)
– 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or ghee/butter
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the coconut oil/ghee/butter. Mix together well with your hands and form 8 patties.
2. In a non-stick skillet, heat coconut oil/ghee/butter to a medium-high heat.
3. When it gets HOT, add the patties to the pan.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. They are done when you press down on the middle and it feels firm. (I grilled the burgers on our George Foreman but you can cook them up however you like!)
For the sides, I sautéed a whole bunch of kale for about 15 minutes. Melted a little coconut oil, added two cloves of garlic to soften, and then added the kale, juice from half of a lemon, and couple splashes of water. I steamed the broccoli on the stove. Hope you enjoy!